Sound Pad is a full featured sound wave editor for all versions of Windows (XP, 2000, 95, NT and 3.1). It is a bit out of date compared to open source programs like Audacity, but it still has some useful features.
Sound Pad has been an on going project since ~1992. It began its life as a piece of test code for other audio projects. The wave manipulation capabilities of SOUNDPAD are useful to a range of other Menasoft projects.
Its a bit out of date and hasn’t been updated lately. So programs like Audacity (sourceforge) might be a better option, but it still has some useful features. For instance I lately needed to do some re-sampling of WAV files from 44100 to 32000Hz. I could not find any tool as simple and easy as SoundPad for that task.
- Full multi level undo and redo of changes to the sound
- Windows 3.1, Windows 95 and NT versions available.
- Import files of type: Apple Mac (AIFF), Sound Blaster (VOC), Sun/NeXT(AU), RAW header-less
- Live display of a recording wave image.
- Windows 95 Audio Compression Manager (ACM) compatible.
- Convert from one compression format to another easily.
- Windows 95 install / un-install registered.
- Pasting and mixing effects automatically take advantage of ACM and format conversion.
- Allows full editing of compressed sound formats.
- Allows separate editing of stereo channels.
- Adjustable mixing of sounds.
- Extensive help for all dialogs.
- Full keyboard navigation (no mouse required)
- Active Spectrogram display of the current play position.
- OLE1 Server with configurable object view. (16 bit version)
- Effects: Amplify, Fade, Pitch, Echo
- Effects: Remove Background, Tone, Fill, Silence,Low Pass Filter, Reverse, Noise, Measure
- Internationalized and all application text is resource ready for translation to other languages
|SoundPad v1.06 (~100K)||16 bit version for Win 3.1 and above|
|SoundPad v1.10 (~106K)||32 bit version for Win 98 and above.