Taksi is a desktop video recorder/screenshot capture application for most versions of Windows. It can be hooked to most applications/games (via GDI,OpenGL,DirectX8 or 9) to record as an AVI video all that you are doing. It is based on the VFW API’s and can use any of the installed video codecs to encode in real time (if your CPU can handle it). This is an open source project that can also be found on sourceforge.net.
- Uses any VFW video record codec. Such as XVid, DivX, MSMpeg4, etc.
- Can record video as compressed or uncompressed AVI-files (no audio (yet)).
- Video compression occurs in background thread for use in multi processor (hyperthread) machines.
- Very simple user interface for hooking applications to be recorded.
- Very small footprint (~300k). Written in C++, and does NOT use MFC.
- Can capture video frames from applications using DirectX 8 or 9, OpenGL, or GDI
- Has visual feedback while recording even in full screen games.
- Runs on Windows 95, 98, ME, NT 4.0, 2000, XP.
- Hooks keyboard or uses DirectInput for hotkeys to control recording.
- Captures still frames in BMP or PNG format.
|TAKSI Windows Installer||Windows Installer (MSI) (v.0.771)(~260K) Get newest ver on sourceforge|
|TAKSI Sample Video 1||Video recorded using MS MPEG4 v2 (1:45)(~3M)|
|TAKSI Sample Video 2||Also using MS MPEG4 v2 (7 minutes)(~5M)|
|TAKSI Sources||v0.771 sources. (~220K)(Can be built with MS Visual Studio 7.1) Get newer sources using subversion|